The material of the future
- Wood is a natural material, recyclable, renewable and inexhaustible qualities that make a great ally against climate change.
- It is the only raw material that has the capacity to reduce emissions and storing CO ₂.
- Forests fix CO ₂, wood products has been retained and recycling allows you to lengthen the retention of carbon dioxide.
- The use of wood in place of other materials such as aluminum or steel saves in net emissions of carbon dioxide 6 tons for every square meter replaced.
- A 4% annual increase in the consumption of wood products inSpainamounts to a saving in emissions of 1.3 million tons of CO ₂.
- It is a great thermal and moisture regulating. Maintains humidity environment between 40 and 60%, reducing the symptoms of allergies and respiratory diseases.
- It is an excellent acoustic insulation, which favors a greater level of quality of life.
Why is it different?
- Natural Resources, recyclable, renewable and inexhaustible.
- Comfortable: it is a great thermal and acoustic insulation also regulates moisture.
- Healthy: helps create optimal environments.
- Convergent: wood products combine perfectly with other materials while enhancing the expressive possibilities in the construction field.
- With design and style: wood and its products are highly expressive and allow multiple solutions and finishes.
- Sustainable and efficient: wood is a raw material that requires less energy to manufacture their products.
- Easy application: wood products adapt to the forms of contemporary creation, are simple to apply and install.
- Reliability: the timber maintains its performance for a long period of time.
The wood and the environment
- Wood is a key element in the fight against climate change. Greater use of wood products stimulates the expansion of forests and reducing greenhouse gases.
- In each cubic meter of timber, stored 0.9 tons of CO ₂ . A cubic meter of wood used in replacement of other materials reduce CO ₂ emissions by 1.1 tons. Therefore, each wood m³ saves a total of 2 tons of CO ₂.
- The energy used in the building, including the manufacture, transportation and construction is inferior in the timber products in other building materials.
- CO ₂ emissions generated by the construction of a house of concrete and steel construction allow the same wood and warm home for 27 years.
- Replace some building materials for the timber generates an average saving of CO ₂ of between 0.75 and 1 ton.
- The wood products are carbon stores throughout his life, even through recycling and reuse.
- 15% of wood from building and demolition could again be used as sawtimber and 36% could be recycled in boards.