- The combined turnover of the wood industry and furniture inGaliciaamounts to 1,668million euros
- The sector comprises 3,000 enterprises that are distributed throughoutGalicia, generating wealth especially in less industrialized environments. In more than twenty counties, this industry is among the top three industrial sectors by employment generated
- Direct employment is 20,000 and 50,000 indirect workers. The 6.6 % of the active population ofGaliciawork in this sector
- Exports of wood, pulp and furniture ofGaliciareach 769 million euros
- The wood industry and furniture accounts for 3.5 % of the GDP of Galicia
The timber industry in Galicia
-Galiciais the ninth largest European forestry sector leading national
- 50% of the wood cut inSpaincomes from the Galician mountains
- The Galician timber industry represents 3.5 % of the PIB of the community
- In a score of regions, the timber industry accounts for 25 % of industrial employment
-Galiciahas an industry pioneer in the development of products domestically and internationally
- This leadership extends to furniture and woodwork whichGaliciahas companies that are leaders in design and innovation
The wood industry is recovered
- In 2013, the combined turnover of the wood industry and furniture inGaliciaamounted to 1,668 million euros
- With regard to the results obtained by secondary processing industry, wood and furniture, these stood at 369 million euros
Turnover development of the timber industry Galician
Key figures of the sector 2013
- The sector comprises 3,000 enterprises, distributed throughoutGalicia.
- Direct employment is 20,000 and 50,000 indirect workers. The 6.6% of the active population works in this sectorGalicia.
- Exports of wood, pulp and furnitureGaliciaexceed 688 million euros.
2013 value Chain of Wood